Newyorkification

Welcome to the melting-pot of cultures. The land of opportunities, or disappointments, was it? The big apple, a city that never ever sleeps. No wonder it does'nt... there is so much energy around, teeming with millions of young, talented people who want their lives to mean something. But it seems the common thread among them is an understanding that their lives are about more than having a crappy job and a crappy relationship. They seem hell-bent on making something out of their lives. All of them with different ideas, different means, different goals and different values. It is impossible to not become a zombie, desensitized to everything going on around you, impossible to not get in the habit of walking as briskly as possible, head down, making a frivolous attempt at ignoring the chill that threatens to freeze your heart. A place that never fails to overwhelm you at the first encounter, but can hardly sustain it's charm.

The disgusting subways, the random intimidating lunatics on the prowl, the icy frosty wind and its howl, the deserted bridges, the precious few parks, the crowd, the traffic, the trash, the prices, the noise, the solitude, the belittling skyscrapers, the stores and the brands, the rockaways and the broadways, the cabs, the avenues, the sodas, the streets, the laundromats, dumpster nights, heaters and barbeque's, , the signals, the billboards, the fries, the pizzas and the stupid wide roads, all those losers who stare and stare, and just don't care, the accents, the attitudes, the sickening indifference across latitudes, earphones - my only company all morning, all those people saying "Bless you" each time I sneeze... to hell with you all.
I hate u NY, I hate u forever.
A Newyorkified life, and I hate it to the core...
I ♥ living to see my next birthday more than ever.

8 comments:

Creative Shocker said...

it's all about prespectives...wat u hate about NY may be the reason why someone wants to be in NY...

spoo said...

babes...u may be rite in ur own way but my advice to u wud be...always look at the brighter side of things...that is wen u realize life is more beautiful

Prathima said...

ok ppl, before u all come to a final conclusion that I am the biggest whiner u ever met, let me tell u that, it's not always, all about "perspectives", but also about the mood-swings of the blogger... please remember whom u r dealing with!
luv u folks :)

varsha said...

If NY is so bad,I wonder why Karan Johar makes all of his movies there...;)

sagar said...

"jagah ke sath adjust karne se zyada important hai logon ke sath adjust karna ...tho phir new york ho ya india kya farak padhta hai " - lifted from a movie ...lol...i hope this explains everything .u hate NY but i just love it because its where i met u ( my chweet little cute friend ..he he ).cheer up ra ...be positive and always look at the brighter side of things ( for me its the manhattan babes ...he he )by now u must have got to know that iam not that good at writing ...no wonder i got only 4 in my AWA ..pj ...finally this is for u ra :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFNd0IvYs-E

Anonymous said...

NY....everyones dream city....
NY....Most happening place on earth..
NY....people die to be there...
NY....Money flowing everywhere...
NY...
NY..
NY...new yorkkkkkkk..

..i donno wat the heck is there in newyork...but its wat all people say..
but checkin out ur blog...quite impressive...but u found it difficult coz ..
..may b missin ur closed ones..
..missin parents...
..missin ur free life...wch is quite diff over here...

...neways keep bloggin...tc hav fun...

kal said...

This was my very first impression of NY. I just hated it and wanted to run away.. My visit to the Empire State building towards the end of my stay took me into awe... I was very VERY impressed... And realized why NY is known to be "THE CITY".. I felt all the world's care tumble down into nothingness for those few moments.. Nevertheless.. I can never love NY!

Sai said...

Well..said..prathi..but to most of the people..its the city of destinyyy...who knowss..where they landupp. You know..wat?? its a dream for the most of the people to visit NY..coz..people..like it as it is..:) Even for me its a dream to be there at times square and see those crazzzyyyyyy..buildings, outlets,peoples..etc. Anyways...its just a opinion..nothing personal...take care.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com